Thursday, March 24, 2016

Banana-Peanut Butter Oat Bites

What I love about my challenge groups are the constant sharing of recipes finds.  Today someone shared a recipe for "Sinless Cookies".  I took that recipe and modified it to make it my own.  This batch was devoured by my kids before they could even cool.
Here you go....Banana-Peanut Butter Oat Bites! ENJOY!

INGREDIENTS:
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 cup of quick oats
1 cup of quick oat flour
2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
*yields 1 dozen bites
>>If you are following the 21 Day Fix, 3 bites are equivalent to 1 PURPLE, 1/2 YELLOW, and 1.5 TEASPOONS<<

DIRECTIONS:
1. Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl with a fork until creamy.
2. In a blender (I use my Vitamix) or a food processor, add 1 cup of quick oats and pulse until it becomes flour.  Add the oat flour and 1 cup of whole quick oats to the bananas.
3. Add in 1 heaping tablespoon of natural peanut butter.
4. Add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract.  Mix until it's all blended and smooth.
5. Using a measuring spoon or a scooper, drop the mixture onto a baking sheet.  Bake @ 350 degrees for 15 minutes. (I use a 2 tablespoon size scooper)
6. Allow to cool and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment