Tuesday, April 19, 2016

How to Peel a Perfect Egg!

Hard boiling eggs and peeling them .... FRUSTRATING!! 😩 I used to lose half my egg whites because the peel would stick and I could literally spend 5 minutes on one egg carefully removing the shell tiny piece by tiny piece and be left with half the egg I started with. I tried it all - baking soda, vinegar, salt in the water, using old eggs versus new eggs. NOTHING WORKED! Then someone told me to 👉STEAM THEM. So I tried it and no kidding, every single egg peeled perfectly and effortlessly.

Using a steamer basket fill the pot with water and the trick is to not let the water touch the eggs.
Cover the pot, turn on the stove to medium high and set your timer for 15 minutes.
When the timer is up, turn it off and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Move the eggs to an ice bath and then peel. You will get perfectly peeled and cooked eggs EVERY SINGLE TIME!

NEVER BOIL AN EGG AGAIN - STEAM THEM INSTEAD!!

Try it and tell me what happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment